CDN is a globally distributed network of the proxy servers which are deployed in various data centers. It offers content to the users with high quality. It serves most of the part of the internet today including web objects like graphics, texts, and script, object to be downloaded or uploaded media files, software, and documents, applications, live videos and social media. The content is replicated through the CDN so that it will exist in many places.
CDN is not specific to any particular service it is a pool which covers a lot of different content delivery system. Content owners such as any e-commerce companies or media companies pay to CDN providers to deliver their content to the end-users.
Benefits of CDN
- Enables global reach.
- It lowers the latency; as less the latency more the information will be sent and received.
- Distributed Data centers which are closer to the user and enables faster download.
- Lower network load enables better user experience and more conversion.
- Protection against DDos
- Cost saving
Things to remember while choosing CDN providers:
In order to choose perfect CDN server, you should take care of these primary things such as:
Tips for choosing perfect CDN providers
- Knowing about your website bandwidth need is important. If you’re using less than 100 GB you are not feasible for premium CDN.
- Location of your visitors.
- Number of servers your CDN is using
- Knowledge of Push or Pull server.
- Support and Technology are also important. The CDN which provide live chat or phone support is more preferred.
- Pricing is also an important factor while choosing the CDN.